Curb appeal is a big factor in determining the value of a home. Additionally having a good looking home can make you happier. According to a Huffington Post survey, not having a clean and organized home ranks fifth on the list of the five most common stress triggers in America.
- Freshen up the look of your home by updating your shutters. Old faded shutters are an eyesore and are easy to replace.
- Update your front door. According to the 2017 Cost vs. Value report an entry door is one of the most valuable improvements you can make to increase your resale value
- Compliment your windows. Add a pop of color with flowers on the outside, or fresh window treatments inside. New curtains with a complimenting color can have a big impact on the curb appeal of your home
- Make your front porch jump out. An inviting entry way can be an ambassador to your home welcoming your guests and making a huge first impression. Container pots on your porch can be a way to add color to entryway.
- Update the trim of your home. Adding a fresh coat of paint, or cladding the trim around your home will brighten your home and protect it. Aluminum cladding will make the trim maintenance free and protect the trim against the elements for years.