Many people believe that spring and/or winter are the best times of the year to replace the windows in their home. And this is understandable. After all, you can easily feel the chill coming from poorly insulated windows during these seasons. Moreover, during the spring some people put window replacement and evaluation at the top of their home renovation list. On the other hand, winter also seems to be an ideal time to replace windows since doing so can lead to lower heating bills. However, we would like to make the argument that summer is also a very good time to consider replacing old and inefficient windows. Here are a few reasons why this is the case.
- Summer can accelerate water issues: Drafts, summer storms, condensation can all conspire to damage the wood surrounding your windows causing them to rot, corrode or form mold. This can in turn damage the structural integrity of your entire home. Particularly susceptible to these forces are windows that are old and past their prime.
- Greater energy efficiency: Just as efficient windows can trap in the heat you need to warm your home in the winter, they can also help trap in the cool created by your central air conditioning during the summer. This can help you save money by making these cooling devices function at a lower energy output.
- Efficient windows can increase home security: An old, defective window is usually an insecure window as well. Home break-ins are usually more common during the warmer months of the year. Secure sturdy windows, along with an alarm system, can go a long way in discouraging break-ins.
- Hurricane preparedness: The warmer times of the year are usually peak seasons for weather events such as hurricanes, thunderstorms, etc. Strong impact resistant windows protect against high-level winds.
- Increase your home’s value: Any time of year is a good year to increase your home’s value. During the summer, more people will probably see your home as more people venture outdoors. Take summer as the opportunity to improve your home’s outward appearance with one of our new windows in Maryland.
All things considered, there are reasons one might consider replacing windows during each season of the year. Simply put, if your windows are old, defective or no longer provide your family with the sense of security that they should, it may be time for new or replacement windows in Maryland. Enjoy your summer.